Salary: £55000 – £56000
Shift hours: Part Time
Head of HR
From £55,000 pa + Car allowance and bonus
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
The role of Head of HR sits within the business Senior Leadership team and is to support the Business Director in delivering the people element of the business strategy and to significantly contribute to towards strengthening business performance through our people.
The success of this role will be measured by:
- Improved implementation of HR policy, procedures, and initiatives across the business through effective communication, coaching and implementation of processes with senior line managers, resulting in higher staff retention, staff empowerment, productivity, improved people management, business consistency and visible business growth
- The implementation and use of HR Analytics to identify areas for improvement and develop interventions for change in areas such as casual absence, retention, failure to follow process and procedures, with clear deliverable improvements when evaluated.
- To provide a customer focused HR service, delivering expert professional advice and support to stakeholders including management, employees and client groups
- To manage and guide the HR team to ensure fairness and consistency, reflect employment legislation and best practice and the desire to be an employer of choice
Critical to the success of the role is the ability to build key internal and external customer relationships and have a readiness to learn about the sector and build extensive knowledge of current market conditions and trends.
The role is based remotely with regular travel to Epsom, the UK branch network and wider Sodexo Homecare family.
Reporting to Business Director your role will include:
- Working with the Business Director to provide an efficient, effective, relevant, and timely HR service to the wider organisation
- Developing and guiding the implementation of the agreed HR strategies encompassing all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including employee relations, reward, recognition, talent, change management, organisational design, equality and diversity and HR policies and procedures
- Leading and motivating the HR team who are responsible for the day-to-day management of general HR issues and providing an exceptional service to our people
- Working with the appointed legal services to provide case management advice ensuring that best practice and employment law is followed with all employment relations issues to manage them smoothly and minimise the risk to the operation
- Working as a strategic business advisor to the SLT on all HR related matters including succession planning, performance management, employee relations, recruitment and retention, organisational design, change management, compensation, and benefits
- Coaching and influencing the SLT, having the gravitas to positively challenge thought processes, and be actively involved in decision-making using sound reasoning and delivering proactive solutions to issues
- Working with the business to monitor and reduce sickness and absence levels and harness a well-being culture
- Providing the tools to build and develop a high performing team capable of achieving the company’s long-term objectives by ensuring that HR support the delivery of key objectives and results, and generates opportunities for the team to thrive and develop with clear career pathways in a creative and innovative working environment
- Supporting with the deployment of the employee engagement survey and engagement action plan ensuring that we are effectively communicating the results and actions to the company
- Supporting on wider Sodexo Group initiatives and reporting
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting in relation to salary management including salary benchmarking and managing the salary review and commission process
- Supporting the due diligence and TUPE process for all HR aspects of merger and acquisition activity for company growth initiatives
- Managing the HR information system and employee personnel files to ensure the relevant data and information is stored accurately and we meet our legal requirements
- Producing meaningful HR metric information on a monthly and quarterly basis to provide commentary and insight into trends and reasons, shaping future HR activities, utilising the HR information system, and enabling HR processes to become more streamlined and efficient
- Raising the profile of the Company from an HR perspective in the wider community and networking as we promote our commitment to corporate social responsibility and operational excellence
- Awareness of the context within which the company operates and demonstrating proven commercial acumen, ensuring the HR function and team is aligned with business objectives
We are looking for:
- CIPD qualified or relevant experience with evidence of continuous professional development
- Previous experience in HR leadership roles
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential and leading teams
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering teams
- Project management and workload prioritisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates commercial acumen – partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies
- Strong computer skills for presentation and analysis of HR data
- Gravitas to support, challenge and coach senior teams, internally and externally
- Essential UK travel including overnight stays
- HR generalist experience and good understanding of all aspects of HR Management including resourcing, talent management/succession planning, change management and employee relations
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Well organised, responsive and able to work under pressure
- Exposure to unionised environments is beneficial
- Experience of organisation development and design, and facilitation of change including consultation and engagement
- Experience of superuser HR Systems
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programmes
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values
Looking to take on an exciting new career challenge in a fast-paced environment? Apply online today and we will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Prestige Nursing & Care.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April 2021
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th April 2021. Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close a role at anytime.
Location: Epsom, England