Salary: £27,344 to £38,296 per annum (Subject to experience/skills/ability)
ICT Applications Engineer
£27,344 to £38,296 per annum (Subject to experience/skills/ability)
Career Graded role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ICT Applications Engineer to join our professional ICT Shared Services team, based at the Civic Centre in Pershore.
The ICT Shared Service team provide ICT development and support to over 800 staff across South Worcestershire. We provide ICT services to Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council, Wychavon District Council, and their partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our friendly business applications development team on a full-time basis. You will play a key role within our large ICT Shared Service and will be part of a professional and motivated development and support team. You will be required to develop software solutions and implement packaged solutions for our customers as well as provide support, help and advice. You may be required to help mentor others within your team and work together on larger projects.
- Second- and third-line support of business applications
- Development of interfaces between business applications
- Implementation of business applications
- Development of automation of business application processes
- Manipulation of business application data
- Development of SQL to aid reporting from business applications
This is a busy role, which will require excellent organisation, great communication skills, a flexible approach and we are looking for someone with the credibility to quickly establish themselves in the role.
You will have experience of developing and supporting business applications, ideally in a local government environment. With a good analytical mind and strong communication skills you will be able to understand customer requirements and resolve issues efficiently.
Skills & Experience
You will need to have relevant and appropriate experience and be able to work with people at all levels of an organisation. It is essential that you have skills and experience in supporting business applications, ideally within a local government environment.
Ideally, you will also have skills and experience in supporting and developing some of the following:
- Microsoft Products including SQL Server
- SSRS / Crystal / PowerBI
- Gis Applications
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That’s why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That’s why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
* Agile Working (40% minimum office based)
* Excellent pension scheme
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Options to purchase additional annual leave
* Regular job-specific training
* Discounted Gym and swim membership
* Free Employee Assistance scheme including access to counselling services
* Free annual flu vaccinations
* Health and Wellbeing support
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Employee Discounts with a range of companies including EE and
* Kaarp discount scheme which provides a range of employee discounts for days out and holidays
We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forward-thinking organisation who spend our time and energy on what matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
For further information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Sarah Coathup, Applications Project Manager, on 01386 565296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: By Sunday 19 February 2023
Interviews: Monday 27 February 2023