Are you hungry for a new challenge and ready for the next step in your career? We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Midlands Innovation team as a R&D Incentives/Innovation Senior Manager.
Our Innovation team is more like a family; now 20 strong and we take care of each other, making sure we build something special that will endure. We are a high-performance unit comprised of people from a wide range of backgrounds including marine engineering, tax accountants, physicists, chemists and even an astrophysicist! We place a huge focus on training and career development, so we can make sure our family is doing fantastically well, by every measure.
We support our clients through R&D tax incentives and Patent Box relief as well as through working with an ecosystem of advisors such as grants providers, patent attorneys and Universities.
What’s in it for you…
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1. To achieve that we put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here, then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Open holidays – take as much as you need
- No core hours
- 7.00pm – 7.00am internal email curfew
- No dress code – “Wear something!”
- Focus on wellbeing – a comprehensive wellbeing programme to help you with your physical, mental, spiritual and financial health
- Regular social events
- Volunteering opportunities – community is a central part of our wellbeing programme
- A truly flexible approach to work – from home, in the office or with clients – “Work From Anywhere. Anytime. Forever”
About the role…
We’re looking for someone to join our team as an Innovation Senior Manager (M) who:
- Can bring deep R&D tax incentives experience to perform the role of a senior reviewer and provide overarching guidance on claims.
- Can also own a portfolio of R&D tax claims and perform the role of an R&D Incentives project manager on some of our most complex and innovative clients.
- Can take care of our exciting clients which sit across all industries including engineering, biotech, software start-ups, telecoms, food science and more.
- Is experienced in both the technical and financial aspects of a R&D tax claim.
- Can contribute to practice management whether that be training, graduate recruitment, marketing etc. We think it’s key for everyone to understand how the R&D business runs, top-to-bottom and inside-out. You might be running it one day, so you need to know.
- Can be a role model for junior members of the team. Supporting each other and helping others develop is key to our operating model.
Experience of Patent Box claims would be useful, but not essential. Additionally, there is the opportunity to get involved in business development (BD), helping us grow our client base.
A bit about us…
At Cooper Parry we disrupt, lead and make life count. We believe in working smart, unafraid of doing things differently if it feels right.
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We have been voted in the Top 100 Best Companies to work for 6 years running and, Specialist Team of the Year Finalists 2022 at the Tolley’s Tax Awards, Specialist Team of the Year Finalists 2021 at the Accounting Excellence Awards and Best Employer in Tax 2020.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that’s right for you.
Interested? If you’d like to find out more or to be considered for this role, please click apply and upload your CV. A member of our People Team will be in touch.