Instructor – Art and PSHE
Cambian The Mews School – travel to a satellite site
Salary: £22,817 DOE/Qualifications + Cambian Benefits
Location: Wem and Bridgnorth Shropshire
Contract type: Term Time only.
Contract term: Permanent
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
The Mews School supports young people aged 11-18 who have suffered sexual trauma enabling them to realise their potential and through personalised support, achieve their goals. Our vision is that students will not only be supported academically but be supported to develop self-esteem, confidence, respect and consideration for others, to enable them to become effective and contributing citizens within the community.
Well qualified and experienced staff work together to make The Mews school a successful and happy community. We offer a rich, varied and stimulating curriculum, which includes academic, vocational and personal and social studies. Timetables are tailored to the individual to ensure they have the opportunity to make progress and receive the required level of support needed to assist them in fulfilling their potential. We strive to continually improve the provision and embrace opportunities to expand and extend learning experiences.
The school supports a full range of national curriculum topics for its learners, underpinned by a whole school approach to the emotional wellbeing of each student. Students at both key stage 3 and 4 have access to a creative curriculum which is suitable for their abilities and potential.
We expect our students to be able to achieve beyond their expectations and gain excellent results in their GCSE qualifications, as well as Functional Skill, Entry Level certificates, PSD Awards and Certificates and other vocational qualifications.
The Mews School offers a nurturing and caring environment that allows all students to thrive and achieve their full potential. Great importance is placed on recognising, celebrating and rewarding individual and group achievements
What are we looking for?
The Executive Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring Instructor to join this thriving specialist CSE School. Reporting to the Executive Headteacher, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
· Understanding of teaching, learning and qualifications
· Experience of working in non-mainstream settings with challenging learners
· Ability to empathise and support the development of learning
· Robust understanding of safeguarding procedures
· Ability to work as part of a small team
· Good general level of education (Teaching qualification, ideally hold a Level 2 qualification in Mathematics and English or equivalent)
· Excellent delivery and communication skills
· You must be reliable, flexible, adaptable, and possess the ability to motivate and inspire.
· Good coordination and organisational skills
· Demonstrable track record of student achievement
· Innovative, fast thinking and versatile
· Excellent time management
· Good general level of ICT skills including Microsoft Office
· Experience of working with E3/L1/L2 qualifications
· Achieved or working towards L3 Award in Teaching as a minimum
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.< Salary: