Salary: up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Shift hours: Fixed Term
This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Internal Communications Manager to join our global organisation. The main purpose of this role is to effectively manage Compass Group UK & Ireland’s people communications activity. Our people are at the heart of what we do and effective communications is critical to helping them to do their jobs as well in supporting the business as it seeks to grow and succeed.
Reporting to the Head of Employee & Client Communication, you will be responsible for the creation of content to mainly support key Compass People focused initiatives. You will need to be able to effectively balance different workstreams, be a strong communicator, build positive internal stakeholder relationships as well as bring creativity and passion to the role.
You will be responsible for supporting key People programmes, putting together internal comms plans and effectively executing them in a timely manner. You will need to be a strong writer and have the ability to create content suitable for a multitude of audiences ie frontline up to leadership level.
You’ll have responsibility for the management of the different internal comms channels – including our intranet, Compass’ internal digital collaboration platform (Workplace), monthly e-communications, oversee the weekly email updates and write ad-hoc announcements.
Adept and with a good knowledge of how best to maximise digital communications within the workplace, you will be a self-starter, with the ability to identify relevant news stories for promotion across the business using all available internal communications channels.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Responsibility for all people related internal communications activity
- Creating engaging content
- Supporting with employee engagement events
- Reviewing and continually improving the effectiveness of communications channels through the use of surveys, focus groups, analytics etc
- Building strong working relationship with sector and central functions colleagues to identify and support activity that requires communications
- Developing and delivering a comprehensive internal communications plans to support key initiatives
- Ensuring that communications are planned, messaged and delivered in an engaging way that promotes Compass values and culture
- Overseeing content management of all UK comms channels, introducing new channels as needed
- Supporting and advising managers and leaders with expert internal communications guidance, enabling them to be effective communicators
- Monitoring and engagingon business projects & initiatives providing effective communications support
- Being aware of, reviewing and implementing the latest communication methods and strategies where appropriate
You’re an enthusiastic individual with a passion for excellent communication, experience of delivering effective internal communications across multiple channels.
You will need to be a motivated self-starter with the desire to work for a market leader and will ideally have experience in developing and implementing communications programmes in a large multi-site business.
You need to be confident communicating with people at all levels of the organisation, have an excellent attention to detail and be highly organised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing and delivering effective internal communications to a range of different audiences
- Experience working in a corporate communications environment
- A positive can-do attitude
- Ability to quality check and proof-read documents to an extremely high level of accuracy
- Strong networking skills
- Able to prioritise workload; ability to multi-task and work independently on multiple projects
- Strong creativity and innovation
- Digitally and socially literate and understand how to activate these channels in support of business initiatives
- Solutions orientated to bring results to develop and execute strategic communications plans
- Ability to deliver analysis and insight
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels of management