At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Project Manager will lead on critical delivery projects within the Product Development and Supply Chain Portfolio. They will lead across a complex multi-function, multi-vendor, global environment. The Project manager will ensure delivery balancing time, cost and quality while maintaining excellent stakeholder management.
- Leading projects end-to-end, from inception and vision creation through to acceptance in to service and support.
- Manage project financials including initial business case, estimates, budgets and forecasts across Opex and Capex.
- Proactivity manage a complex project stakeholder environment up to executive level across multiple internal functions and locations.
- Lead and manage internal resource across a matrix organization and across a supplier landscape globally.
- Define and manage a clear communication strategy across project team up to executive levels
- Create and maintain accurate programme-wide RAID log and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor.
- Directly manage experienced workstream leads within the project of work.
- Establish an approach for ensuring the realisation of benefits and the measurement of those benefits against the business case across the entire programme.
- Close projects and conduct lessons learned sessions to capture and document the knowledge and ensure its availability to other programme and project managers.
- Delivered £250k-£5m projects/programmes on time and on budget.
- Experience across multiple project delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile and hybrid).
- Ability to apply both creative and pragmatic thinking to problem solving.
- Can work autonomously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven leadership and people management expertise, with the ability to prioritise activities and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive; able to acclimate in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take a holistic view of the business case, using this to guide programme execution, and understanding of the broader context of decisions.
- Strong judgement with willingness to take responsibility for project decisions.
- Experience in the Retail industry, Product Development and Supply chain beneficial.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.