Salary: £11.25 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Janitor to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Defence on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Janitor, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Defence? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside our cleaning and facilities teams to keep environments safe and hygienic for every client and customer
- Dusting, sweeping, polishing, mopping, and vacuuming designated areas to a high standard
- Ensuring surface areas, floors, windows, and other touchpoints are sanitised regularly
- Performing additional cleaning duties when required, such as mopping up spillages quickly and efficiently
- Emptying and disposing of bin waste
- Monitoring and re-stocking cleaning supplies.
Our ideal Janitor will:
- ‘Can do’ positive attitude
- Good people & teamwork skills
- Willingness to learn
- A good level of English.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis throughout this winter, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0202/99942001/52545326/WJ
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.
Location: Port Of Tyne Newcastle