Salary: Up to £35,000
Shift hours: Permanent
Junior Finance Manager – Lewes
Up to £35,000 dependent upon experience.
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK’s leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne’s in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
Are you an experienced Finance professional who is seeking a commercially focused role? Do you have a passion for budgeting, forecasting and driving finance change, alongside having a keen desire to join a fast-paced and innovative organisation? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Finance Manager to join us at this prestigious contract.
As the Junior Finance Manager you will be responsible for
- Completing labour schedules within the labour budget, liaising with Operations teams.
- Effectively minimise any agency and unnecessary spend.
- Adjust labour schedule in line with sales.
- Analyse and manage effectively all in unit costs
- Ensure budgets are understood and achieved by the catering team.
- Ensure appropriate costing and re-costing of menus are undertaken with an appropriate process and methodology in place.
- Manage capex spend
- Manage expenditure in line with budgets across all lines.
- Budget and forecasting development
- Ensure compliance to our contractual obligations
- Minimise stock holding to business needs.
- Ensure appropriate stock counting and stock management procedures are in place
- Produce financial reports internally and externally as required
- Manage VAT arrangement with client
- Experience in a similar role.
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Industry aware.
- Assertive, calm and works well under pressure.
- Accountancy qualification to a minimum of AAT preferred but not essential
- Experience of leading and managing team of people.
- Catering experience an advantage.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- IT literate to include excellent excel skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written – able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines