Salary: Paid monthly
Shift hours: Full Time
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Junior Sous Chef to join our catering team. You will be responsible for delivering high quality food and services and to actively contributing toward the development of new food offers and menus, reporting to the Head Chef.
- Plan, cost and document menus in keeping with agreed budgeted levels
- Ensure stock levels are kept to the agreed establishment targets and supplies are ordered from nominated suppliers
- Monitor and maintain consistent methods of food preparation, production, presentation and service for all meals and ensure they comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures and meet the agreed specification of the contract(s).
- Assist the Head Chef with operating costs, margins, controls and menu costing to ensure Sodexo is achieving optimum profit.
- Ensure that all goods are correctly and quickly stored away on a ‘first in first out’ basis and comply with Health and Safety regulations
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and procedures, site rules and statutory regulations including Health & Safety, food hygiene, safe working practices, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time..
- Ensure that temperatures of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards/serveries are monitored and recorded in line with Company regulations and the Food Safety Act
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
The right candidate must be flexible around business needs, be highly passionate about food and cooking. You will have a very positive attitude towards your career, work and colleagues and enjoy being a part of a medium sized Kitchen brigade. You will show attention to detail at all times and work efficiently to the company standards required as directed by the Head Chef.
- Previous experience of being a Junior Sous Chef or ready for progression.
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to the role and be self-motivated
- Innovation and creativity
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Good time management and organisational skills
Location: Taunton, Somerset, England