Shift Hours: 21.5 Per week –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
We provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team in Blackhall Colliery.
Abbeyvale Care Centre is a caring residential service providing accommodation for people with a variety of different issues people may experience in their lives from physical needs, old age, dementia or mental health needs. It is our aim to ensure our residents feel comfortable and completely at ease at Abbeyvale.
The role of the Kitchen Assistant will be to help provide residents with nutritious meals in a clean and hygienic dining room. To work in line with hygiene regulations and manage the preparation and serving of meals. To act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the home and to act as a role model for other kitchen staff.
The Position is Part Time Hours – 21.5 hours, 3 days a week.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our employers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £8.76
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
Your role as a Kitchen Assistant will include:
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals.
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively
- Ensure that all morning and afternoon tea trolleys are prepared for the care staff to take at the appropriate times, cleared away and wiped down accordingly for their next use.
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Report immediately to the Cook, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Home/Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Cook, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice in the Home/Care Centre.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
The most important qualities needed in a Kitchen Assistant are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.