At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As the Lead Retoucher you will manage a team of mid-level retouchers and support the business on
providing the finishing touches to the Campaign, Social and Communications imagery ensuring the product meets the high standards expected of a Luxury Fashion house.
This role requires proven team management experience, an excellent knowledge of the Post-Production process for Image and senior level retouching skills. The Lead-retoucher will bring passion, leadership and vision in the creative space, and leverage tools and technology to develop a best-in-class imaging process.
- Work across a broad range of image styles as needed; Fashion, Beauty, Still Life, Architecture, Event, Ambient and creative concepting, taking ownership and responsibility for the quality of the output.
- Oversee the workload prioritization
- Supervise creative and technical execution of work
- Team management of 4 direct reports
- Preparation, management and execution of on-location Post work. Support the team in completing projects and day to day management of Image workflow for Events
- Utilise collective team knowledge and experience to optimize retouch workflow methods.
- Manage workflow procedures, ensuring images are structured and filed according to guidelines.
- Explore and interpret creative briefs.
- Retouch images from capture through to delivery to agreed timelines.
- Utilise and develop technical and creative skills with Adobe Suite software.
- Build strong partnerships with project stakeholders to ensure a collaborative and productive way of working.
- Assist Post producers with expanding the pool of strong and reliable external retouchers
- Work flexibly to changing priorities.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ability to meet tight deadlines to brief and direction.
- Improved collaboration with other teams.
- Successful growth and training of in-house team.
- Translate and apply creative direction through to final deliverable.
- Streamlined communication within Marketing Department to maintain multiple project requirements.