Salary: £31000 – £33000
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Engineer (Electrical Bias) to join our team on our Client’s site in Farnborough. You should be a qualified and time-served, have C&G 17th edition certification or higher, have an experience with CDM regulations and a proven track record in electrical building services and plant engineering.
We offer a great team, excellent development and progression opportunities within the company as well as a salary of £33,000 with enhancements through overtime and allowances.
Please note that successful appointment will require compliance with Client’s security regulations and vetting requirements, including BPSS and SC clearance.
- Undertake maintenance and reactive activity to a wide range of Electrical Building Services equipment including but not limited to LV systems, general lighting, building controls, small power and distribution, BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises
- Undertake within your levels of competency, inspection and reactive activity wide range of Mechanical Building Services equipment including but not limited to heating boilers, pumps, compressed air systems, sanitary ware, fan coil and air handling units and BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises.
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
- To work within a shift system to provide a core presence at client sites within an extended weekday period.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working to complete intrusive maintenance activites that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
- To implement systems that will ensure plant is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency.
- Take part in Appraisals/Performance Reviews including the recognition of training and development needs.
- Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and report poor performance.
- Use of IT systems (Handheld device) as part of the CAFM system.
- C&G 2382-12 (17th Edition BS7671:2008) ideally with C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
- IOSH Passport or CSCS Card
- HND or NVQ or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Substantial experience in electrical building services and plant engineering with a good all-round working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Previous appointment as AP/CP for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Confined Spaces, Working at Heights
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
Location: Farnborough, England