Shift Hours: 30 –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
Learning Support Assistant 30 Hours a Week Term Time only
Hourly Rate: £9.38
Regent College was founded in 1999 and provides specialist education for young people from 16 – 25 years old. As a small, non-residential, independent specialist college based in Stoke on Trent, we provide a safe and supportive environment for young people who have complex learning difficulties with associated challenging behaviours, to acquire the life skills and levels of independence they will need when they leave college.
Main purpose of the job:
To support the delivery of high quality individual programmes of education for young people with a range of learning and physical disabilities.
To support and maximise learning, independence and wellbeing in order to enable learners to achieve aspirational and personalised outcomes for life after college.
To provide good personal support for learners promoting self-advocacy enabling them to develop their independence in an adult world.
To work with learners and a range of professionals to support the delivery of an innovative, bespoke, curriculum provision for learners.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To deliver support to a high professional standard and ensure high quality provision for young people with communication and learning disabilities/difficulties.
- To support the curriculum development to meet the specific needs of the learners
- To support effective transition, into, during and post college.
- To establish and maintain stimulating learning opportunities to most appropriately meet the requirements of the learners.
- To establish and maintain a stimulating learning environment incorporating sensory and creative approaches embedding the principles of ‘engaging in an adult world’ and/ or ‘positive contribution’ to their community
- To support plans and strategies developed by a range of professionals and therapists to support multi-disciplinary approach in sessions.
- Ensure the health, welfare, personal care, support and guidance of all learners is paramount
- To support learners to follow their positive intervention plans to encourage their self-management of anxieties/behaviour
- To maintain up-to-date records on learners’ progress towards accreditation where appropriate and non-accredited outcomes linked to their Education Health and Care Plan and Primary Learning Goals.
- To embed RARPA principles in supporting individual learners
- To maintain professional records, to meet college and course requirements
- To contribute effectively to appropriate personal tutor, team and multi-disciplinary meetings
- When required to attend Quality Working Group meetings to support and develop the quality of provision.
- To contribute to the annual Self-Assessment Report and to support the implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan.
- To work within the guidelines of the Common Inspection Framework, to ensure you are aware of and adhere to the high expectations and standards of Ofsted at all times
- To take part in the evaluation of own support in order to achieve appropriate standards and identify/implement necessary action
- To take part in and evaluate appropriate in-service or external training and report back as required
- Demonstrate personal commitment to equality to ensure we develop a community which celebrates and values diversity
- Act within the college health and safety policy and procedures so as to ensure a safe working environment
- To set, observe and require appropriate standards of personal behaviour and presentation
- To carry out such other duties as may be required by the Senior Management Team.
- To support the development of new initiatives within the field of specialist FE for learners with learning disabilities/difficulties.
- To complete all mandatory training and CPD as required
- To work within the framework and guidelines of all College and company Policies and Procedures
We know the amazing and life changing work our Support Staff do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive salary of £9.38 per hour
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral