Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Preparing individual learning resources
• Supporting the Tutor in developing schemes of work for allocated subject areas
• Assisting Tutor in setting up (by being available a minimum of 15 minutes before the session begins) and tidying away teaching resources or escorting learners to their next location (supervised by Session Tutors)
• Support tutors to input evidence of learner achievements into accreditation/e-portfolios/Personal Portfolios
• Cover sessions in the absence of the tutor where appropriate. If the post-holder is asked to a deliver a session/sessions for an academic year or to cover long term absences cover rates will apply
• Support learners’ individual communication needs in accordance with Speech and Language Therapy recommendations.
• Support learners’ individual therapy needs in accordance with Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy/Assistive Technologists recommendations.
• Support of intimate and personal care in accordance with learner protocols
• To administer medication in accordance with learner protocols
• Support of students behaviour programmes in accordance with learner protocols
• Preparation of risk assessments and trip plans for activity off campus
• Making entries into Management Information System (MIS) in relation to learner progress in relation to their individual targets
• The production of planning, recording and other documents as required by management
• Input to Self-Assessment Report (SAR) in collaboration with Tutors and departmental teams
• Manage designated teaching room to ensure that it is kept tidy, safe and fully resourced.
• To access specific training as per the request of education managers.
• To undertake a mentor role of new staff and volunteers as requested by Education Managers.
• To undertake specific duties as per the needs of the provision.
• To be present and punctual for the daily handover meeting
• To work alongside the team, in conjunction with external stakeholders and therapy/ health professionals, in order to ensure learners benefit from high expectations, engagement, care, support and motivation from staff.
• Be knowledgeable about individual learners’ Learning, Communication and Behaviour Guidelines in order to offer student–centred support.
• Enable learners to access designated equipment in line with moving and handling protocols and individual risk assessments.
• Be familiar with and following individual eating and drinking protocols.
• Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed when learners are accessing the community.
• Professional liaison with external partners
• Use information provided by inter-disciplinary teams to inform personal professional practice.
• To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to achieve Ambito’s aims.
• To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Ambito’s behaviour’s framework.
• To work within Ambito’s policies and procedures at all times.
• Represent the college at external events and networks.
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of equality of opportunity and have practical ideas on how to implement this.
These duties may be added to or deleted from, and may be subject to change.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.