Renishaw is currently seeking to recruit a Logistics Controller who will have joint accountability for all freight and courier parcel movements between Renishaw manufacturing sites/UK operations and customer destinations. The role will require the individual to coordinate the ongoing development of suitable procedures and protocols across the Renishaw manufacturing sites to ensure the efficient administration of goods movements, and adherence to regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Planning and scheduling the delivery of goods and cargo.
- Management of import and export requirements for origin and destination sites across the world.
- Selection and implementation of appropriate third party service providers to provide an effective and competitive freight/courier service.
- Managing service provider’s performance.
- Cost management and reporting – identifying key transport cost drivers and delivering operational cost reduction/avoidance initiatives.
- Develop robust processes and policies consistent with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure Renishaw is in full compliance with HMRC customs requirements for imports/exports.
- Ensure all necessary training and certification exists and is up to date in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Background/experience of working in a logistics/transport management role.
- Qualified to Higher National Certificate level or higher in a relevant subject area.
- A full and valid UK driving licence as travel to other sites may be required.
- An aptitude towards structured problem solving and decision making.
- A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge/awareness of legislative requirements relating to the international movement of goods.
- Operational awareness of the company manufacturing/distribution software packages (‘SyteLine’, ‘Sage’, ‘WorldLink’) would be an advantage although the necessary training will be provided where required.
- Any current knowledge of the current Renishaw distribution model would also be advantageous.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and able to work with a positive attitude in a demanding environment where customer service is paramount. They will be able to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual, demonstrating good organisational skills, attention to detail, and sound judgement. Excellent communication and influencing skills are required as the role interfaces with a range of staff, manufacturing customers, and external freight & parcel carriers. The individual must be willing to undertake relevant training courses required for the role.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable; including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus, *subsidised onsite restaurants and *coffee shops, free parking, *car sharing scheme and *24 hour fitness centres. (*not available at our Castle Donington, Exeter, York & Edinburgh sites)
We also want to promote a healthy work-life balance as much as possible, so we have introduced a Homeworking policy which allows for a combination of home and office based working depending on the nature of your role. We also offer a variable working programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life Assurance Policy of 12 times annual salary, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced maternity pay subject to qualifying criteria, the option to join BUPA Renishaw health trust and an Employee Assistance Programme for employees and family.
Please click here for further information about our benefits.
At Renishaw we believe that our success is powered by welcoming a workforce of diverse and talented people. Through encouraging an inclusive culture, where all our employees are free to be themselves, we can achieve our core values: Innovation, Inspiration, Integrity, and Involvement.
If you are excited about the role but feel as though you don’t meet all the requirements, we would encourage you still to apply. You might just be the right person for this role or another opportunity at Renishaw.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, or require any reasonable adjustments please contact the recruitment team on 01453 524600 or email@example.com.
Please click here for further information about diversity and inclusion at Renishaw.
R5916 Logistics Controller (Open)