Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a service for women with complex mental health needs. Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four different specialist wards including mental health with learning disability, personality disorder and PICU.
We are looking for a highly motivated, well organised and capable individual to act as a Maintenance Manager. You must have previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of PPM schedules and health and safety.
You will work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm and be based in a hospital setting.
Please note this will be an on the tools role as you will be expected to carry out repairs as well as office based management with a work ratio of 30% paperwork 70% physical labour.
- The routine maintenance, repair and installation work completed on Cygnet Hospital Beckton site ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
- Oversee refurbishment works within the service
- Maintain Estates records
- Line management and budgetary responsibility for the maintenance department
- Compliance with Cygnet policies and procedures
- Management and leadership of the Maintenance Team
- Develop and implement robust management and accountability systems to ensure that maintenance services are planned, co-ordinated, delivered, monitored and documented effectively and in accordance with the Cygnet Estates Manual
- To be responsible for ensuring that building maintenance, including contract work, is carried out to appropriate legislation, standards and specifications
- Oversee that the hospital maintains the estate in accordance with statutory and mandatory requirements
- Experience of working in the building trade/estates management.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience in supervising and managing others.
- Experience of good working practice.
- Awareness of H&S, COSHH and RIDDOR regulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise own work and work towards targets/deadlines.
- Good IT skills.
- Awareness of the Mental Health Environment and risks involved.
- Ability to work as an active member of the hospital team.
- Demonstrate awareness of Estates Legislation.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- NHS Discount and the Blue Light Card
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please apply below or forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: CYG31999