We are hiring now- Math Teacher
The young people we educate and care for come to us with a huge variety of needs and difficulties. Our challenge is to help them build the confidence, hope, knowledge and skills to unlock their potential.
Cambian Devon School is an independent, DfE-registered, co-educational day school, providing specialist education for up to 30 students, aged 7-18 years.
The School is non-denominational and has a secular ethos, but respects the cultural needs and religious beliefs of all. The School specialises in education students with SEMH through flexible learning programmes, delivered using high-quality teaching and exceptional pastoral care. We achieve this by forming particularly strong relationships between teachers and students.
Our growing family of over 4000 colleagues, supporting over 2000 children is one of the UK’s largest and highest quality providers or specialist education and behavioural health services.
Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the Head Teacher and Deputy Head you will seek to enhance educational standards by effective development and implementation of an aspirational and engaging curriculum across the Key Stages taught that strengthens the abilities and ambitions of our students.
- Ensure that parents, staff, students and any other stakeholders are informed of progress towards individuals and whole school targets.
- Deliver outstanding teaching and learning across the curriculum areas taught.
- Continue to develop standards of attainment, achievement and progress in the subjects taught
- To develop, monitor, evaluate and review engaging, relevant and innovative schemes of work in each year group, which will enable students of all abilities to make excellent progress and achieve the best possible outcomes.
A successful candidate should have:
- Suitable education qualifications such as a teaching degree or degree and PGCE.
- Successful experience of implementing positive behaviour support strategies
- Knowledge of inclusive education that challenges students to reach meaningful outcomes for increased independence.
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments
- Knowledge of child and adults safeguarding procedures
- Understanding of the principles of good curriculum provision.
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
Devon Paignton English Teacher [SYS-5181]