At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are looking for a Mechanical (Plant) Fitter to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Ravelrig Quarry in Midlothian, near Edinburgh. This is accessible from Edinburgh, Livingston, Queensferry, Dunfermline, Bathgate, Penicuik, Dalkeith and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Quarry Manager, the Mechanical (Plant) Fitter will be responsible for:
- Carrying out scheduled planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities to maintain plant condition and performance to support the delivery of the weekly production schedules.
- Monitoring and maintaining condition and performance of the plant and associated equipment and identify any circumstances that could result in an impact on availability or performance while supporting the Quarry Manager to meet defined KPI targets.
- Carrying out mechanical activities safely and ensuring jobs are completed in a timely manner and leading mechanical breakdown and planned repairs to ensure expected plant reliability and to optimise plant and equipment performance.
- Ensuring most effective mean time to repair methods are adopted to minimise production disruption and downtime.
The ideal candidate for the role of Mechanical (Plant) Fitter will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Mechanical (Plant) Fitter as well as:
- Good knowledge of crushing, screening, conveying, hydraulic and pneumatic systems required
- Use of PC’s and capability to use common applications and company systems
- Fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Good practical knowledge and experience of maintenance systems required
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery
- Basic report writing
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Kirknewton, Midlothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/67621/3163