Are you an experienced Multi Skilled Operative looking for your next permanent role? If so then read on as we may just have the role for you……..
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our fantastic Readymix ‘RMX’ team to work on Europe’s largest current infrastructure project HS2 at our Chipping Warden Tarmac plant. The site is located close to Banbury in Oxfordshire. The site is easily accessible from Banbury, Bicester, Brackley, Stratford-on-Avon, Royal Leamington Spa, Daventry, Northampton and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Plant Supervisor. The Multi Skilled Operative will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
In this DAY shift role, you will be required to work Monday – Friday with overtime available to meet with our site’s production needs.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – highly desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK manual car Driving Licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- IT Literate
Previous experience working in a Plant/Cement/Readymix/Aggregates/Industrial Manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/4381