Salary: £9.50 per hour
Shift hours: Part Time
To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly increased the number of centres where key workers can be tested. As the programme ramps up further, additional testing support is needed at centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Multiskilled Site Operatives to provide support to the testing site.
The role of the Multiskilled Test Operative is to support the delivery and operation of testing for those patients that visit a COVID-19 test site. The roles will encompass all general daily tasks, inclusive of data input, test labelling, cleaning and deep cleaning, PPE distribution as well as supporting the end-to-end process of collecting samples from individuals.
Typical working hours are between 7.30am and 8.30pm with rest breaks and will be on a rota of an average of 4 days per week.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand and are comfortable with the process
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
- Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc.)
- Clean designated facility areas (sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Deep cleaning of onsite cabins each day
- Undertake clinical deep cleaning
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guideline and procedures required
- Supporting test lane testers with allocating testing kits and receiving test kits
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Comfortable undertaking clinical deep cleaning
- Previous experience as a cleaner is desirable however full training will be provided
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
Location: Carmarthen, Wales