As an Administration Apprentice you will be assisting colleagues with a range of duties whilst we support you to achieve Level 3 Standard in Business and Administration.
In one of our busy divisional offices, no two days are ever the same and you will be constantly learning from, and working with a wide variety of people from different disciplines as you work towards your qualification.
To provide reception cover and provide strong administration support to a variety of departments within the divisional office.
The candidate must be flexible to work with their reception colleague to ensure consistent coverage of reception during office hours.
The person must be reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious whilst displaying common sense and flexibility in supporting the various departments.
The candidate must be competent in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- To provide cover for the main reception. This will involve answering a high volume of telephone calls and greeting visitors in a professional and courteous manner and calls.
- To ensure the reception area and meeting rooms are tidy.
- Open the morning post and ensure post is ready for collection at appropriate times.
- Receive goods/services into reception and keep a log of deliveries.
- Maintain a log of staff in the building and visitors signing in/out book, complying with GDPR procedures.
- Assisting the Senior Secretary and other departments with mail-shots, reports, presentations, etc.
- To provide administrative assistance to the various departments within the divisional office.
- Ensure that the production of typing, photocopying, scanning and laminating is accurately presented in a professional style and is in line with company procedures.
- Raise purchase orders using in-house system.
- To ensure that there is sufficient stationery and required supplies within the divisional office and to reorder as and when required.
- Ensure familiarity with Redrow’s Group Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving the contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- To identify the need for improved office procedures.
Redrow Homes Lancashire