Job Title: Operational Learning Manager
Circa £75,000 per annum
Full time/37 hrs a week/permanent
Location: Huntingdon, Home working and Travel across the Region
Anglian Water offers a flexible approach, this role offers you the flexibility to work from home, from an Anglian Water office and travel across the region would be required. Your based location would be Lancaster House in Huntingdon
Refreshingly different careers
We are looking for a driven, innovative individual to join Anglian Water in a newly created role as an Operational Learning Manager.
A dynamic, vision focused leader who has the drive and passion to strengthen our offering and build a culture across all aspects of the business where all our operators are expected to be and are industry leading, exceed regulatory requirements and model behaviours which exemplify the values & behaviours and purpose Anglian Water aspires to achieve.
The post holder is responsible building for all aspects of the Operational Learning Strategy, such that it clearly demonstrated career path ways, that enable all participants across our business to experience a range of blended learning training which is engaging, inclusive, relevant, exceeds regulatory requirements, and which shapes culture and day to day behaviours across the business so that we provide a unique, industry leading operational learning experiences, resulting in performance and delivery which enhances the lives of the internal and external customers, partners and communities we exist to serve.
What you’ll be doing:
– Developing an Operational Learning Strategy for Anglian Water which entirely aligns with the delivery of our corporate goals.
– Collaborating with senior leaders to ensure learning strategies and tactics are adapted to align with urgent, mid-term and long-term business objectives and operational goals.
– Ensuring operational learning solutions remain forward thinking and support wider business strategy while anticipating future business need to provide a foundation for successful KPI performance – including a key focus on the environment and customer service.
– Overseeing the creation of materials, resources, blended learning delivery, monitoring and assessment documentation for all aspects of operational training and training outcomes, (including formal training and on-the-job learning opportunities and assessment of outcomes), across the business.
– Identifying and anticipating skill gaps and training needs within the operations team and developing targeted training programmes and assessments to remedy gaps.
– Evaluating and selecting appropriate learning technologies and platforms to support training delivery and tracking.
– Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of all aspects of training programmes and training outcomes through rigorous assessment including, feedback, metrics and performance evaluations of technical behaviour and cultural elements of development.
– Developing and managing the learning budget, ensuring value for money and high quality training solutions.
– Building and establishing partnerships with external providers, academic institutions, industry associations and other stakeholders such that, we can deliver high value industry leading performance.
– Leadership of the Training & Development Business Partners for Water & Water Recycling and the Training Delivery Manager (and respective team members) to ensure the team is high performing across the board.
As a valued employee you’ll be entitled to:
– Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
– Personal private health care
– Annual bonus scheme
– 26 days leave, rising with service + Bank Holidays, with the option to swap Christmas and Easter holidays for those celebrated by your religion
– Life Cover at 8x your salary
– Personal Accident cover – up to 5x your salary
– Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle
– Free parking at all offices, site and leisure parks
What does it take to be successful?
– Management/Training qualification is desirable
– Proven experience in project management/delivery environment
– Current Operational Management Experience including H&S Management
– Expert knowledge of training strategies, methodologies and technology
– Customer relationship management experience and a service improvement background
– Exemplifies and embeds culture and belief driven values through intentionally living these and monitoring their evidence in the behaviour and actions of direct reports and their impact on stakeholders
– Create a shared purpose within team and set standards and processes to facilitate high performance
– Health and safety focussed
– Use of personal skills and knowledge to influence and constructively challenge and recognise and multiply good practice.
Inclusion at Anglian Water:
Join us and make a difference. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and we think our workplace should reflect that. We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Together with our fellow water companies, we are committed to the Social Mobility Pledge; we are also a signatory to Business in the Community’s Race at Work charter; we hold the Armed Forces Gold Covenant for Employers; we are an accredited Disability Confident employer and we play a leading part in the Women’s Utility Network.
Closing date: 29/09/2023