Thisyear we’ve seen the biggest change to the way we work for as long as many of uscan remember. We must be prepared toquickly respond and adapt to disruptions, to ensure that we can continue tosupport the services we provide for our customers, when the unexpectedhappens.
This role will lead our Operational Resilience team and define our ongoing OperationalResilience strategy, designing and delivering the implementation and embeddingof Operational Resilience and Operational Continuity In Resolution (OCIR) activities across the Society and withsenior stakeholders.
This is an important focus for us at Skipton, to ensure that we cancontinue to deliver the important services our customers expect from us, duringperiods of disruption.
You’ll be passionate about wanting a role that will provide you with theopportunity to lead a team, working with business stakeholders, to deliver abroad and varied customer-focused work programme, ensuring that we continue tobuild on work already done to enhance Operational Resilience across the Society.
This position will report into the Head of Information Security &Operational Resilience.
– Interpretation of Operational Resilience and OCIR regulatory publications, policy, rules and guidance in a timely manner and effectively incorporated into our strategy and work plans with education for stakeholders.
– Responsible for the shaping, development and maintenance of the Operational Resilience framework methodology and policy with thought leadership aligned to regulatory expectations and SBS needs.
– Own and lead the team and senior stakeholders on the effective delivery of a strategy and supporting working plan for Operational Resilience activities include Important Business Services, Maximum Impact Tolerances, Service Mapping, Stress Testing/Action Planning and Self Assessment.
– Working with pillar and critical process owners, develop and maintain the process for ensuring appropriate resilience metrics are identified, collated, monitored and reported up to Board level to support effective decision making.
– Leverage Operational resilience mapping work to ensure the effective execution of OCIR requirements and completion of relevant Recovery & Resolution plan templates.
– Responsible for ensuring the effective co-ordination of the Operational Resilience Group with preparation and presentation of governance group updates and reports as needed.
– Support the change programme ensuring that Operational Resilience is appropriately represented.
– Co-ordination of and support for business continuity planning across the recovery teams to support the continuation of critical services in the event that crisis management is invoked.
– Support for Business Continuity activities as required, including Work Area Recovery tests and planning, implementation and review of BCP activities when invoked in test or a real scenario.
– Operational Resilience and OCIR considerations in our supply chain are defined with the Supplier Relationship Management team and Key Contacts to ensure appropriate third-party risk management in these areas in line with regulatory expectations.
– Knowledge and understanding of Operational Resilience/OCIR regulatory guidance and ability to translate into objectives to support corporate / strategic direction
– Professional experience in a relevant field such as experience of leading Operational Resilience activities or similar strategic initiatives
– Proven ability to lead, motivate, inspire and engage a team, coordinating multiple work streams
– Ability to influence & support business stakeholders
– Ability to analyse and interpret wide ranging information and make appropriate recommendations for Operational Resilience and OCIR
About Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our colleagues’ unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
Why Work For Us
We’re committed to payingour people fairly for the role they undertake and provide a wide range ofbenefits to support our colleagues’ finances and wellbeing, including ourEmployee Assistance programme, the opportunity to buy extra holidays andshopping discount vouchers You’ll be able to shape your career within your team and can expect astructured learning and development programme where you’ll be valued recognisedand rewarded.
More information on our benefits can be found here
Skipton are an equalopportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled orqualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability,religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age