Salary: £28000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager you will effectively manage the Conference & Events operation at Epsom and support the delivery of race days, ensuring that a consistently high level of service and product is offered to every client.
Flexibility is required to support key Festivals at other racecourses across the annual calendar to include Cheltenham, Aintree and other notable events.
Supporting all aspects of the business, including financial accountability, staffing, service delivery and product development and maintain close working relationships with the Deputy General Managers across all three racecourses.
You will provide strong leadership whilst delivering and managing the C&E and race day operations function effectively and the execution of smooth planning and delivery of a first-class service to the internal customer base and all guests within the venue
Epsom is one of the large courses of Jockey Club Catering featuring the Epsom Derby and summer racing season as well catering for tens of thousands of banqueting covers every year.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service and ensuring all company quality standards in every aspect of the operation are always adhered to; to be an advocate of Levy UK standards and Jockey Club Catering (JCC)
- You will attend and participate in weekly manager’s meetings ensuring accurate and up to date communication is maintained with the relevant stakeholders, continuously making improvements to enhance guest satisfaction, developing, and implementing new ideas, processes and standards
- Actively deal with customer comments in a positive and constructive manner and flag any critical circumstances to the General Manager
- To respond to the pace of the business; remain productive during busy periods
- You will work with the onsite HSE champion to ensure Silver Standards objectives are achieved and compliance with all H&S processes throughout the venue and business
- You will induct, train, develop and maintain a full team of rota team members to ensure that the highest levels of efficiency within the operation, creating weekly rotas for the team, and manage all aspects of labour scheduling with focus on labour spends and forecasting in line with the set budget
- Continuously drive sales i.e., upselling on food and beverage to ensure that race day and monthly revenue targets are achieved, making suggestions to the General Manager regarding developments in the operation that may improve the profitability
- You will need to evidence your experience at an operational management level and due to the nature of the role you will also need access to a vehicle and a full driving licence
- Attention to detail and service standards equivalent to a 5-star establishment is a key priority of this role, alongside excellent interpersonal, administration and organisational skills
- You will need to act with diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgement, building string relationships with clients, and internal/external stakeholders