Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our fantastic team based in Broom, Bedfordshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires the right attitude. Tarmac can offer a robust training program to the right candidate following a probationary period, training includes various Mobile plant and safety related programs.
Reporting into our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Completing housekeeping and day to day activities as instructed by line manager
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
- Mobile plant licences (forklift, clamp truck, shovel) are ideal but not essential
- Have good communication skills
- Be motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence (dependent on location)
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Be a good team player
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/1503