At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Level 2 Operative to join our friendly team in Bellshill.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate in this role will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- A surfacing operative works in a team of 8 men therefore you will need to be able to work well in a team and undertake various roles within that team.
- Working with aggregates on-site
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measures around the site
As part of an operational team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Ideally able to operate surfacing plant (paver, tractor, rollers) and hold relevant plant tickets together with CSCS card. Training will be given to suitable candidates who don’t hold some of the relevant tickets.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Happy to work a mixture of days, nights and weekends and travel in company van to sites
- Be conversant with a wide range of surfacing works, eg, Motorway resurfacing, new build construction and street works.
Salary: Fantastic Salary + Benefits
Location: Bellshill, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47942/2503