Paid Search Product Business Director
101 Wood Crescent, London, W12 7GP
We believe in exploring new perspectives. Looking at things differently. Turning structure upside down, back to front and sideways. Excited by what we might find.
So we think big. And act bigger. Stay versatile and interconnected. Approach everything with an inventive spirit and rigorous mindset.
Individually we’re great. But as a team we’re unstoppable. Together, we seek out opportunities, frame problems and solve complex challenges.
Our collective brilliance exposes breakthroughs. Our capability unleashes creativity. We pursue a new perspective. And deliver a new kind of ROI.
We blend data, technology and brilliant specialists to:
- Find growth opportunities for our clients
- Scout out opportunities to innovate
- Grow our clients’ business
Driven by detail – We’re obsessed with every detail. The insight we gather helps us solve complex challenges and transform our clients’ businesses. It’s our job to know the detail so we can make our clients’ lives better.
The inventive spirit – This spirit is what sets our people apart from others in the industry. Our desire to find, create and develop new approaches and platforms to transform our clients’ businesses is where the magic happens.
Never give up – We’re our clients’ partners. So their goals become our goals. We do everything we can to not just meet those goals, but surpass them.
Positive – We look for opportunities and celebrate solutions – we’re the type of people that make things happen.
Straight Talking – We put growth first and focus on the end result. This means keeping it simple and being confident in our insight.
In it together – We’re natural collaborators. We seamlessly work together – with our own brilliant specialists and with our external partners – to deliver better results for our clients.
Zenith Global is looking for an established paid search expert and thought leader to elevate the agency’s paid search product, oversee quality of output, drive innovation and support new business. This entirely new role is not tied to any individual client but accountable to the entire client portfolio across the agency and will work with all levels of personnel within the department.
This is a mid-senior position reporting directly into the Head of Search and, as such, requires an experienced, leading talent with the gravitas to report upward to agency management and senior clients, and to inspire the peer set and junior staff alike.
Specific areas of focus for the Paid Search Product Director include:
Elevate the Search Product
- Assist the Head of Search in redefining the paid search product to create industry differentiation and uniqueness. Define clear best practice guidelines and work with strategy teams to deliver best in class search strategy
- Form a taskforce to align paid search with peers within SEO, Retail Media, Social and Programmatic to create world class holistic digital strategic deliverables for clients
Deliver Quality Departmental Output
- Work closely with agency partners and internal teams to elevate our people; oversee certification programs, rewrite the training manual, create subject matter champions and equip them with the skills to succeed
- Create consistency in the output across teams and create a suite of internal assets to expedite product delivery whilst maintaining quality controls. Audit and appraise the agency’s tool suite and tech stack to refine a shortlist of key partnerships
- Working cross-function and inter-agency, identify new tech solutions to unique client challenges. Leverage the power of ML and AI to create working efficiencies and improve the impact of our work for clients. Drive ROI for our clients and our agency. Identify opportunities to invest our time and money to unlock growth for our clients
Support New Business
- Responsible for supporting new business generation via contribution to agency level pitches as well as outbound marketing efforts; thought leadership, PR, awards success, event attendance and presenting innovation to existing clients
- Additionally oversee and/or support the onboarding of new clients via managing recruitment, transition plans, ways of working and strategic/best practice documentation
A digital native with plenty of experience in paid search roles at leading large independent and/or network agencies. You are curious, provocative and confident and, above all else, expert in all things paid search. You have an appetite for learning, including by expanding your knowledge across all searchable media. You see things from other people’s perspectives; clients, consumers, colleagues, and adapt your tone and style accordingly so your words and actions have maximum impact.
You will embody the ethos, pathos and logos of the agency and will relentlessly pursue the greatest return for our clients investments in us.
pre-requisites for the role
- Relevant certifications in Google Ads, SA360 and any other appropriate DSPs/ad tech
- Experience at a network agency in a multi-market capacity
- Hands-on-keyboard experience activating paid search accounts
- Expert knowledge of the paid media ecosystem
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Solutions oriented with a positive mindset
- Strong commercial skills
- Articulate, energetic and persuasive
- Demonstrable experience of driving innovation in a biddable/paid media capacity
nice to have
- Knowledge of coding language e.g. Python
- Client side experience
- Line management experience of mid-senior talent (manager/AD)