We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
- to provide impartial, confidential, practical support and advice service to those parents likely to need additional help at any stage of the school and setting transition process during their child’s education; and, when not engaged in such activities
- to be responsible for case-work as directed by the SENDIASS Manager
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact Robert (Bob) Wilson 0771 725 8100
N.B. interviews will be on Tuesday 14th February at New Shire Hall, PE28 4YE
You will need the following
Education, Qualifications & Training
- 2 ‘A’ levels (4 AS Levels), ONC, OND, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience in a post utilising essential skills and attributes;
- Knowledge of UK education system;
- Knowledge of local communities and districts.
Skills & Attributes
- Calmness in stressful situations;
- Interpersonal communication;
- A sensitivity to cultural and language issues;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- General ICT skills and proven word processing skills.
- Ability to travel around the county as required
- Ability to work out of office hours as required, reflecting the pattern of school-based parents meetings
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.