Location: Crown Office Row, London, EC4Y
The Honourable Society of The Inner Temple situated on the banks of the Thames, is one of the few remaining Georgian style event halls in the City of London. That, teamed with its surroundings of a three-acre private garden, the Inner Temple is one of Searcys most exquisite event venues.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Annual leave in line with school holidays
- All overtime paid at Time and a Half
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Meal provided on every shift
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Access to online GP and medical benefits
- Employee assistance programme and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into the Searcys Champagne School
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer and give back to a charity of your choice
Salary: Up to £39,000
As the Pastry Chef at the Inner Temple, you would be working alongside the kitchen brigade on site to manage the daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staffing and aiding menu preparation. This person will have sole responsibility of all desserts and pastry for events, and will support the restaurant.
As Searcys Pastry Chef, you will ensure food quality and freshness is maintained through all production to the required specification, ensuring that every detail is executed with continuous quality.
- To deputise in the Head Chef's absence.
- To have sole responsibility of all desserts and pastry for all events.
- To ensure the food remains to the highest quality and consistency across all events.
- To manage food and produce ordering by keeping a record of wastage, stock holding and any food cost concerns.
- To regularly improve and develop the pastry menus, with the assistance of the Executive Chef.
- To mentor and train junior chefs to ensure their development is achieved.
- To assist the main kitchen during events, and within the restaurant, where necessary.
- Formal culinary training
- At least 3 years' kitchen experience, showing development within pastry
- Previous production and event work
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within different environments
- Flexibility to operate within a multi-style food offering