Salary: £10.50 – £10.50
Shift hours: Part Time
- Assist in the management of a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective, and pro-active patient dining service to meet the needs of the wards and departments
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to ensure the necessary duties are carried out to maintain an efficient service within the hospital and associated areas
- Be responsive to service needs as they arise and to constantly seek to improve the productivity and quality of the service
- All work must be undertaken in line with health, safety, security and Company and Trust policies and procedures
- Undertake several other support services to assist the functioning of the Trust operations
- Deploy a team of catering staff, assessing workload schedules, and allocating resource as required whilst prioritising urgent requests.
- Draw up weekly staff rotas.
- Supervise the work of all catering staff to maintain and deliver a quality service according to set work schedules and procedures.
- Undertake weekly monitoring of quality control systems for the catering service
- Undertake appropriate remedial action in areas that do not meet the required standards.
- Control and issue all catering equipment and materials within budget limits.
- Oversee the reporting of maintenance defects of catering equipment and materials, according to set procedures.
- Assist in implementing catering policies to agreed standards.
- Accurate completion of legal documentation in line with Food Safety and Health and Safety Policies
- Monitor and report on all staff absences and sickness.
- Ensure that all catering materials and equipment are kept clean, hygienic, and maintained. Ensure that all materials and equipment are always locked away when not in use.
- Ensure that all catering staff follow the correct procedures for signing out / in of all keys.
- Always control the receipt and issue of catering materials and equipment ensuring clear stock control.
- Accurate completion of necessary documentation as requested.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and other departmental supervisors.
- Show and train new catering staff.
- Assist in, organise, and implement appropriate training in line with personal development plans and divisional business plans.
- Provide cover as necessary in times of staff shortages.
- Analyse and resolve staff performance problems.
- Conduct catering staff appraisals.
- Completes surveys as required.
- Carry out routine admin tasks as required.
- Recommends changes to catering policy and service delivery, implementing changes as appropriate in consultation with the management team.
- Perform other such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management team.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Proven IT skills
- Experience in delivering training, using company guidelines
- Effective communication and customer care skills with patients, visitors, customers, clients, and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to monitor, lead and develop a team of people increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Ability to monitor performance levels always
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment, and other legislative requirements
- Persuasive skills for staff, patients, and relatives
- Ability to respond quickly to problems
- Ability to take instruction from both line manager and clients
- Ability to achieve and set high standards and operate to performance criteria
- Sense of own initiative
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Flexible approach to role
- Hospital experience
- Financial awareness in managing budget
- Experience in supervision
- Knowledge of NHS policies, equipment requirements, management
Location: Doncaster Royal Infirmary, England