Salary: £27,000 + £3,000 car allowance per annum
We are looking for a Practitioner to join our Region 7 Positive Behaviour Support Team! Experience and passion for working with individuals who experience frequent episodes of distress is pivotal in this exciting and fast paced role.
Within your role, you will work as PBS Team to support our Salutem colleagues, and most importantly the people we support. You will offer the support by:
- Providing training
- Promoting the principles of recovery focussed Positive Behaviour Support, Person centred Active Support and Restraint Reduction
- Undertaking individualised Assessments
- Implementing Positive Behaviour support and restraint reduction plans
- Mentor team members and lead on debriefing
- Co-ordinate professional meetings about individuals
- Collating data and creating evidence driven multiagency reports
As a PBS practitioner you will be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred care to the individuals we support. You will ensure that the service meets the physical, environmental, social and emotional wellbeing of each individual person in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and wellbeing. This position will include networking across services to provide PBS support, giving opportunity to develop wider experience. You must be committed to the development of the team and the homes mission to achieve the PBS academy quality framework and outstanding rating from CQC.
You will facilitate effective and sustainable Person Centred Care Planning, create Risk Assessments for the individuals as well as leading in the development and review of Positive Behaviour Support Plans and individualised documents.
Ideally you will have experience of working with people who experience distress, be willing to train in Physical Restraint and have or are working towards a Level 5 PBS qualification. Support can be offered to achieve this for the right candidate. You must be flexible in your attitude towards the role and be highly committed to their ongoing professional development within positive behaviour support. Other essential qualities include teamwork, leadership and effective communication skills, self- motivation and the ability to use own initiative. Excellent organisational and time management skills.
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.