Are you great facilitator, coach, and consultant, passionate about developing people?
Do you lead the way with forward thinking approaches?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia
We are now looking to strengthen our existing People Development Team and are recruiting a People Development Practitioner.
Working Location: Flexible UK and Ireland – home working, office working, and travel as needed.
Scope and purpose of role
To support the Head of People Development to plan and implement a wide range of activity to deliver key talent and engagement initiatives across Card Factory including coaching, performance management, diversity and inclusion, leadership development and talent management. To deliver the People Strategy with alignment to wider business strategy.
Reporting to the Head of People Development,
Learning and Development
- Coordinate and implement our business wide learning offer mapped to talent management strategies, offering a multi-channel and blended approach.
- Co-design and embed career pathways to support people development across all areas of the business.
- Lead collaborative needs analysis; work closely with the HRBPs to identify knowledge, skills, behaviour, gaps within functional teams, providing coaching, facilitation, and support where required.
- Act as a subject matter expert with regard to design, development and delivery of learning and development interventions supporting stakeholders with solutions.
- Build and maintain a strong personal learning network to support your CPD and ensure we gather external perspectives and best practice to continually improve our internal offer.
- Utilise the Apprenticeship Levy effectively in alignment with talent management strategies.
- Implement and embed personal development planning and self-directed learning across all areas of the business, aligned to performance management.
- Implement and facilitate Reflective Practice through Performance Management processes, in teams and groups; role modelling self-directed learning.
- Use and interrogate data to inform approaches, measure success, and produce reports as needed to support KPIs.
- Implement and embed the leadership behaviour framework in all activity.
- Design and deliver learning interventions as required, to include 1-1 and group coaching, and facilitation for people managers (this is in the Leadership Development Practitioner Role).
- Work closely with HRBPs and Senior Leaders to review and deliver leadership development programme(s) to support career pathways.
- Develop and embed coaching and mentoring capability.
- Engage all stakeholders in the use of digital tools and spaces for learning.
- Create and deliver digital content ensuring design is fit for purpose, with a user experience design focus.
- Review LMS content and use to ensure continuous improvement and maximise capability.
- Support the maintenance, improvement and administration of the LMS.
Stakeholders and Suppliers
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships across all areas of the business, to enhance collaboration and co-design.
- Engage and maintain relationships with external suppliers and consultants as required, leveraging external perspectives and expertise to support our internal People Development proposition.
- Maintain and utilise relationship with ESFA contact to support effective use of Apprenticeships.
- Reporting and presenting to stakeholder groups as needed.
Wellbeing, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ensure that all People Development activity and content is inclusive and accessible.
- Support the co-ordination and delivery of our Diversity and Inclusion Agenda to maximise engagement and impact across the whole business.
- Work closely with the whole HR Team to ensure that inclusion and wellbeing of our colleagues is built into every initiative across every function at all times.
- Provide data and reporting on Diversity measures and KPIs.
- Level 4 in Learning and Development or equivalent;
- Have strong organisation skills and experience in managing multiple people development projects across different departments and colleague levels;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills to engage and inspire colleagues to participate fully in learning and development activity;
- Be Competent in using digital solutions;
- Consultancy, needs analysis, design, and capability improvement;
- Ability to develop effective relationships and manage stakeholders across multiple business areas and levels;
- Have coaching skills and experience of coaching others to support individual development, and experience developing coaching skills in others;
- Commitment to continued professional development; role modelling self-directed learning and keeping up to date with learning and development approaches.
Competitive salary and benefits package