Salary: £48,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
We are seeking a Pharmacy Manager with excellent attention to detail to work within our healthcare team. Based in HMP Peterborough, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to the health, well-being and rehabilitation of offenders within the establishment. You will lead a team of support staff and work closely with a range of clinicians and non-clinicians from Primary Care, Mental Health and other health partners in ensuring effective delivery of pharmacy services.
You will have successfully completed a GPhC accredited Master of Pharmacy degree (MPharm) alongside one year’s pre-registration training. It is also essential that you have experience of leading and managing a team.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
Working in a team delivering in-house pharmaceutical services within a prison setting. Assignments will include:
- Ensure the safe and effective running of the Pharmacy making sure that all Pharmacy staff understands their roles and responsibilities in relation to the Sodexo Justice Standard Operating Protocols
- Provide line management to pharmacy staff in line with Sodexo recommendations and professional requirements, when required
- Lead the team of pharmacy technicians and support workers in the day to day provision of pharmacy services
- Responsible for accuracy checking and clinically screening prescriptions
- Review prescriptions for accuracy and legality and identify actual or potential problems
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Successful completion of a GPhC accredited Master of Pharmacy degree (MPharm), which is a full-time, four-year course
- Successful completion of pre-registration training
- Successful completion of the GPhC’s registration assessment
- Meeting the fitness to practice requirements for registration as a pharmacist.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- A strong focus on continuous improvement for processes and procedures
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Experience of working in a custodial environment
Location: HMP Peterborough, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, England