Tarmac are recruiting for a Plant Operative for Europe’s largest infrastructure project, HS2. HS2 Ltd will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
The successful candidate will be working as part of the site production team focusing on delivering exceptional safety, health and environmental standards and meeting financial and operational targets. You will also be responsible for the safe operation of the concrete plant ensuring daily tasks are completed including general site housekeeping and basic maintenance. This will include ensuring materials are supplied correctly and within the required specification and are correctly loaded into the correct places.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Complying with the Safety Management System ensuring that all site activities are carried out in line with Tarmac standards and policies and current legislation
- Supporting a culture of health and safety best practice by setting a personal example
- Ensuring that site inspections are completed and recorded accurately
- Ensuring you read, understand and comply with method statements and risk assessments for all activities
- Attending and actively participating in daily and weekly safety briefings
- Actively look to identify SHE improvement opportunities and also support SHE Committee representatives
- Complying with planning and other operating restrictions i.e. site boundaries, noise, dust, hours etc.
- Working to ensure key performance indicators are met, recorded and reported or escalated accurately
- Identifying and communicating opportunities for continuous improvement
- Striving to effectively control daily operations of concrete plants in line with the operating SOP’s
- Working closely with maintenance team/contractors to co-ordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- Liaising with supervisors as required regarding delivery and quality issues
- Ensuring the quality of the products manufactured and delivered to site
- Maintaining full communication to all stakeholders in relation to plant breakdown
You will need to show a high degree of flexibility within your work along with varying start and finish times. Previous experience in the role is not essential as a full training programme will be provided.
As the ideal candidate you should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of understanding safe working practices as well as having good communication skills that will enable you to remain customer focussed at all times and work collaboratively with the project team and other key stakeholders. Being passionate about your role and ambition is also advantageous, and we will support you to achieve excellence in your role.
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/971