Salary: Up to £55,000
Shift hours: Permanent
Compass Group UK&I partners work with well-known brands and businesses to make sure that we can offer competitive pricing for our products whether it be in a store, in a restaurant, café – wherever in our business.
This is a pivotal role to lead, manage, develop and execute the POS & payment strategies aligned to the overall Digital & Technology strategy. Using a detailed knowledge of POS systems and the Payments value chain, this role will be required to manage the multi-layered relationships between strategic Partners, suppliers, internal stakeholders and external clients
A core focus of the role will be to ensure the existing and any new POS & payment products add value to the end customer and are aligned to Compass Group UK&I strategy and Key Digital & Technology controls and standards.
- Articulate the POS & Payments vision, strategy & key value benefits to key internal stakeholders, all business sectors and ensure the POS & Payment products are clearly understood & represented in both new bids and retention sales
- Deliver, track and manage the new POS strategy
- In collaboration with key strategic partners drive the ideation, innovation and development of new product enhancements or new product features. Ensure all POS & Payment products are grounded in robust insight & data are underpinned by clear customer need.
- Defining & translating high level business requirements to help the development teams understand what is needed when designing, building, testing & implementing either new feature enhancements or large change
- Build, embed and maintain a robust and aligned governance structure for POS & Payments to including Technology partner & supplier performance management for delivery of digital technology roadmap.
- Deliver new and updated process documentation to reflect new procedures and changes to processes to ensure continual compliance with key security controls & standards and Profit Protection.
- Reporting & Metrics – Responsible for delivering against key quantitative and qualitative performance metrics.
- Essential understanding & knowledge of Payments value chain
- In depth knowledge & understanding of end to end POS systems in retail environment
- Excellent influence and persuasion skills to ensure constructive relationships with key business stakeholders and third-party vendors
- Experience preparing business cases and preparation for financial approval Experience in management of projects, software projects and their successful delivery
- Understanding the technical implications of what the business owner is asking for and ability to translate to IT and third parties
- Excellent stakeholder experience with proven experience of building and nurturing key relationships that hold the ability to influence decision
- Unrivalled communication with the confidence but build key documentation with the correct information to cascade through the business