We are Eden Futures, a Supported Living Social Care Provider. Most of the people we support are autistic or have a learning disability or a mental illness. Many have experienced trauma, and lots communicate distress in ways we don’t always immediately understand. To help us connect, we embrace the ethos of Positive Behaviour Support.
To help people live the life they want because others have heard and understood what they have to say, we are expanding the Specialist Support Team and are looking for an experienced Positive Behaviour Support Development Practitioner to join us.
This is a hybrid role with travel being an important component. The role requires the postholder to travel to our various services and offices, as and when required. Potential applicants are encouraged to look at our website for a better understanding of the geographical footprint of the business: www.edenfutures.org
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
- Undertake referral assessments when required to support our operational colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external professionals (e.g., Psychology, Psychiatry, ICB, IST/ICATT, CPN, OT, RC, Social Worker, MAYBO Team, Mental Health Lead, Challenging Behaviour Foundation, National Autistic Society) to promote the rights of service users.
- Complete the full process to develop PBSPs including BBAT, direct and indirect assessments.
- Review the efficacy of PBSPs using positive monitoring.
- Assist with transitions programmes for people moving into their new home, using appropriate Company documentation.
- Cultivate a shared understanding of the function of behaviour and develop strategies which help the person develop an alternative method of communicating to achieve the same purpose.
- Ensure outcome data relating to distress communication events is collected, analysed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Deliver CPD sessions to teams when required
- Promote the National Strategy Group Challenging Behaviour Charter and Restraint Reduction Training Standards by demonstrating our commitment to endorsing the rights of individuals whose distress communication has been described as challenging and reducing the use of restrictive practice.
- Work alongside other organisational functions for the benefit of those in receipt of support.
- Promote and input into the development of a reflective organisational culture that learns from experience and draws on this learning to improve outcomes for service users.
- Support co-production by involving service users in their care and support
- Have excellent organisational skills to manage a caseload and plan intervention, coaching and liaison effectively given the often-unpredictable nature of demand.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of providing support to people utilising the framework of PBS
- Have a full driving licence and access to own vehicle (Car Allowance Included)
- Be prepared to travel as required for service visits and meetings
- Aligned to our values; Brave; Caring and Compassionate; Honest; Positive; Professional and Responsive.
- Understands the importance of identifying strategies that reduce or prevent the use of restrictive practices.
- Have the knowledge, skills, understanding and experience of reviewing direct and indirect data to inform functional behaviour assessments.
- Have the ability to overcome barriers and embrace opportunities to explore creative thinking.
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!