Our Corporate Affairs department is recruiting a Press Officer to join their team on a permanent basis based at our London office! As our Press Officer you will work with colleagues in delivering a diverse programme of media relations activity to raise the profile of MPS, and champion the interests of doctors and dentists around the world.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work on topical healthcare issues that are making the headlines on a daily basis, both in the UK and in our other markets which include Ireland, South Africa and Asia. As part of the role, you will also provide media advice and support to healthcare professionals facing media scrutiny and reputational damage.
We know flexibility is important to people and at MPS we want you to have the best work-life balance possible. This role has a blend of home and office-based working, to suit you and the needs of the business which is typically 1-2 days per week on-site.
- Develop and implement effective media campaigns which will consistently deliver a strong media profile for MPS in key markets.
- Recommend the most effective way to handle potentially negative stories about MPS to help mitigate reputational damage.
- Forge and develop good working relationships with a range of journalists.
- Write and edit a range of impactful media material for publication in a broad range of media outlets and channels.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need detailed knowledge of media relations through experience in a busy press office environment.
- The ability to develop and deliver high impact, integrated media campaigns and strong writing skills in order to produce and edit a range of written material.
- You will be a natural self-starter who can engage with our colleagues to proactively drive campaigns as well as react to breaking news.
- You’ll have demonstratable experience in securing trade and national media coverage.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy or sell holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation
for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional
interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United
Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert
problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that
benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to
expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or
claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible
service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in
People Silver award.