Cooper Parry has a new and exciting opportunity for a Private Client Tax Assistant!
Based in our awesome East Midlands Office, this is an ideal role if you are looking for an opportunity that will provide broad exposure to private client compliance and some advisory projects, work with an array of brilliant clients, scope to progress and lots of fun along the way.
As a Private Client Tax Assistant your focus will be on client and project management; taking responsibility for many aspects of engagements, and the wider client relationship. You will:
- Own and manage a portfolio of clients, demonstrating project management skills with minimal day to day oversight
- Build strong client relationships, putting our clients at the heart of everything we do
- Support senior team members on engagements, frequently taking responsibility for many aspects of those engagements and consistently delivering to high standards
- Be curious about all aspects of your client’s business, taking this through to understanding them and what’s really important to them
- Ensure proactive management of the compliance process where applicable (proactive communication internally & externally, ensuring that everything is up to date and delivered on time)
- Take accountability for managing WIP/Fees/prompt billing and payment on your portfolio, with the support of the senior team when needed
What you’ll need…
As the successful candidate, you will be ATT, CTA qualified or equivalent or studying towards these exams. You will also have experience of working within Private Client/Personal Tax focused roles and a real enthusiasm for this area. You will:
- Be a great communicator, excelling at building solid, trusting relationships (both internally and with clients)
- Demonstrate a strong commercial focus
- Work off your own initiative with good project management skills
- Be able to challenge and question how things are done, demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset
- Have the drive to deliver the best with the determination to get it right first time
What’s in it for you…
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where and when you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about.
Cooper Parry’s mindset is simple. We put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Open holidays – take as much as you need
- No core hours
- 7.00pm – 7.00am email curfew – full stop
- No dress code – “Wear something!”
- A truly flexible approach to work – from home, in the office or with clients – “Work From Anywhere. Anytime. Forever” – however within the initial onboarding you would be expected to be in the office 2-3 days per week for a “settling in” period
- Tailored training, development and career growth
- Focus on wellbeing – a comprehensive wellbeing programme to help you with your physical, mental, spiritual and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities – community is a central part of our wellbeing programme
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.