We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Technologist / Junior Product Technologist to join our Product Assurance team. The Product Assurance team play an important role within the wider Commercial team to ensure products are legal, safe and fit for purpose for our customers.
As a Product Technologist you will be responsible for supporting the technical and ethical delivery of new products and the monitoring the products lifecycle. This includes working to product testing standards, AQL inspections, meeting legislative obligations and maintaining an ethical supply chain.
This is a great role with opportunities for development and progression. Product Technologist or Junior Product Technologist is based on experience. This role requires a candidate who will bring enthusiasm, passion and organisation to the workplace.
- Conduct product risk assessments to ensure all products are safe, legal and fit for purpose and meet applicable UK/EU legislation and testing standards;
- Ensure product labelling complies with legal requirements and provides clear information to the consumer on their use and any associated risks;
- Create accurate product technical files and maintain these throughout the products lifecycle;
- Take ownership of the technical elements of the critical path by working closely with suppliers to ensure critical path dates are monitored and deadlines are met;
- Provide guidance to the buying team on standards and legislation, advising estimated testing costs throughout development;
- Contribute to the development of new or existing processes, policies and manuals to continuously improve how we operate within the function;
- On-boarding of new suppliers and regular review of existing suppliers for ethical compliance, including coordination of third party ethical and technical audits of factories;
- Coordinate and review pre-shipment QC inspections in the Far East;
- Resolve quality and production issues with suppliers and customer services, implementing change to mitigate future issues;
- Monitoring of chemical compliance in-line with REACH and CLP Regulations;
- Adherence to UKTR/EUTR requirements and supporting FSC certification;
- Support Card Factory’s ESG commitments by encouraging sustainability across product and packaging;
- Liaise with external consultants or subject matter experts regarding product safety & quality issues;
- Assist with ongoing projects and initiate new projects within the team;
- Be an all-round ambassador for the Product Assurance and wider Card Factory team, supporting departmental and group strategies.
- An understanding of the importance of QA/QC/technical functions, legislative and ethical requirements;
- Knowledge of product testing standards;
- Experience working in a retail or supplier setting;
- Experience working with Far East suppliers and other key stakeholders;
- Self-starter and has ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
- The ability to work cross-functionally with other departments;
- Proficient Excel skills (Pivots and Look-ups);
- Excellent communicational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, organisational and reporting skills;
- Additional experience in any of the following areas are not essential but would be advantageous; Modern Slavery, FSC, WEEE Regulations, Battery Directive, UKTR/EUTR, REACH, CLP, Cosmetics, product and packaging sustainability.
Competitive salary and benefits package