Highly Competitive Salary + Fantastic Benefits
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quality Controler to join our friendly team based in our Tallington site, Stamford, Lincolnshire. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires working knowledge of HSE and IOSH Working Safely, customer focus, a willingness to learn and develop, operational experience. Additionally, IT skills, good attention to detail, communication skills and concrete technical knowledge would all be beneficial to the role.
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, you will:
- Undertaking fresh and hardened testing of concrete
- Complete end of line Quality inspections
- Take part in 3D mould and segment inspection
- Filling out test reports and test sample management
- Taking ownership of the Segment repair procedure
- General housekeeping; ensuring that the highest standards are maintained in accordance with What Good Looks Like (WGLL) and the CRH Lifesaving rules
- Role modelling an exemplary approach to Health and Safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess previous experience working as a Quality Technician or Quality Inspector within a manufacturing environment.
However, we are willing to consider candidates with general Quality Control knowledge and higher A-level grades in Chemistry.
- Experience in concrete technology
- A-Level chemistry – Desirable
- Be IT Literate
Location: Stamford, Lincolnshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/891