At J B Riney, our people are our company – the way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work. J B Riney is a long established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services and a customer focused delivery.
We are currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team in Bexley.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the QS will assume the day-to-day commercial responsibility for the Contract including:
- Preparation of monthly valuations, invoices and accounts.
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts.
- Working closely with the Contract Delivery Team(s) to prepare effective forecasts for each project.
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of sub-contractors.
- Preparing pre-estimates and conducting site measurement to facilitate submission of applications within the works management system
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role as well as:
Degree in a industry specific qualification
Experience of construction contracts such as NEC, JCT or ICE
IT Literate: Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint
Costing/Financial Management Systems
Proven management experience
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Belvedere, Kent, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/2065