Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Communicate well and demonstrate an efficient and friendly service to customers and clients at all times. Ensure that communications are paramount between staff,customers and client.
- Ensure reception desks are manned at all times and operated at agreed times
- Ensure you have a full working knowledge of the building, personnel within it and the local geographical area
- Answer telephone within specified number of rings, politely & professionally at all times and connect callers quickly to the correct party
- Deal efficiently with requests for outgoing calls or internal requests for information.
- Manage & update each morning, the screen based consoles with changes in personnel & other relevant information.
- Take daily back up of telephone/postal box database (a.m.)
- Maintain ‘Brought Forward File’ for expected visitors/events etc
- Give out tannoy messages as required
- Distribute management and recording of Ferry tickets issued to staff and accurately maintain ticket database. (Updating to new database each month)
- Ensure constant supply of Ferry Tickets available for use from HR/Facilities
- Produce monthly performance report on reception services provided
- Receive faxes and inform relevant recipients of their arrival
- Be prepared to page First Aiders /Cleaners when urgently required
- Maintain the AE register/rota
- Arrange & log the booking of taxis & confirm charge point
- To ensure that all postal operations are carried out efficiently and promptly to the standards laid down by the company and to comply with statutory regulations
- To comply with all security regulations for incoming post/mail adhering to site security procedures. To report any suspicious mail to Security & follow Site Security procedure.
- To ensure franking machine is secure by pass code & there is sufficient stationary & credit on franking machine to maintain the postal service
- To sort incoming mail to site into appropriate pigeon holes as detailed on site telephone directory. To liaise with WPS Facilities of delivery of any unknown/unaddressed mail
- To maintain a log of all registered post/special deliveries/parcel force.
- To sign for all recorded deliveries and notify addressee of arrival & to ensure addressee sign for special delivery on collection from post room
- To sign for all Parcel Force deliveries and notify addressee of arrival & to ensure addressee sign for Parcel Force items on collection from post room
- Ensure that any building or equipment maintenance defects are reported immediately through the correct channels.
- Deal with lost property in the correct manner following Sodexo and Client procedures with the regard to documentation & safe keeping.
- Participate in any training or career promotion development schemes and team meetings to keep up to date with Company legislation, policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other special duties or work outside normal routine but within the overall scope of the department
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- To be aware of all Fire and Emergency Evacuation Procedures and to ensure that normal precautions are taken by staff to protect against fire and safety hazards
- Comply with all Company & client policies/procedures and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Pass on customers comments immediately and take any necessary remedial action. Report any serious complaints to the line manager
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Provide holiday and sickness cover in areas as required.
- Proficient in the use of IT platforms, Outlook, Word, Excel and bespoke telephone exchange
- Very good listening, communication and organisational skills
- SC security clearance to be obtained and maintained
- Ability to gain and achieve SIA license status
- Suitable and appropriate level to understand written instructions and be numerical competent for the role.
- SIA Licence
- SC Clearance/Disclosure Scotland
- Valid Driving License.
Location: Batley, Leeds, England