We are looking for a Supportive and Ambitious service manager to lead and support the Loyal and Unique people we support and staff team at our purpose-built day service.
We are looking for a Transparent home manager who can Engage the people we support and the staff team to have a Meaningful life! About the role:
The Holt is a 2-bed residential service in Exminster supporting people with learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that challenge.
You will be responsible for:
– The overall operation of the services ensuring the smooth running and the allocation and management of staff
– The delivery of excellent operational services, regularly supervising the Team Leaders
– Ensuring the effective and efficient provision of support to the people using the services
The overall objective is to increase their social development and life skills to enable them to live independently in the wider community About you:
· Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
· Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
· Are you LOYAL, are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
· Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
· Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
· Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent administrative skills and be able to organise and priorities your work load whilst being financially astute
You will need to be experienced in social care management and CQC Framework and will possess excellent knowledge of Health & Social Services and applicable regulations/legislation.
You will have experience of motivating and enabling a staff team to achieve good outcomes in partnership with the people we support, and with an emphasis on role modelling best practice in a care environment
You will have a proven track record of improving and developing services for people with disabilities.
Above all, you should be as approachable, as reliable and as dedicated as we are, and you’ll be poised to hit the ground ‘sprinting’ Professional Qualifications:
You will join us with a QCF Level 5 Adult Management Diploma, or equivalent qualification, or be eligible to complete the Level 5 Diploma Employee benefits:
– Competitive rates of pay
– Training/Qualification Opportunities
– Internal progression opportunities
– Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
– Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We’re keen to reward our managers when they get things right because doing well is important to us. Our Management Bonus Scheme takes into consideration a range of KPIs from inspections, audits, staffing, finances, training, annual leave, sickness and more. Meeting targets in all these areas will result in a performance bonus. The better you do the bigger your bonus! Another great reason to work with us as we commit to rewarding your success!