Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Mental Health Support Worker to join our Care team. The role of Mental Health Support Worker is based on a rota basis which may include evening and weekend shifts. This is a pivotal position to help ensure our residents live a meaningful life and feel involved within their community.
The role of Mental Health Support Worker will involve the delivery of Care Services within our Mental Health Care Homes to excellent standards.
What you will be doing:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Mental Health Support Worker in our friendly and dedicated team. This is a key role supporting residents. You will:
- Assist residents with personal care, food and drink and administering medication
- Support residents in all activities of daily living to maximise wellbeing and promote choice, independence and dignity
- Provide encouragement and companionship by engaging with residents and other stakeholders
- Support with recreational activities
Who are we looking for?:
The successful candidate will have:
- Health and Social Care NVQ minimum Level 2 or Level 3
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of mental health issues and diagnosis.
- Experience in engaging and motivating clients with mental health issues in a similar environment, preferably in the residential section.
- Experience of providing personal care, administering medication, and carrying out risk assessments in a similar role, paid or voluntary.
- Experience of working with people with challenging or anti-social behaviour.
- Experience of working in a multi-culturally diverse environment.