Salary: Nine pound fifty one pence per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
*Please note this position is NIGHTSHIFT working 20:00-08:00 on a 4-on, 4-off basis*
As Residential Assistant, you’ll work as part of a team providing 24 hour cover at an Approved Premises (AP) including security and monitoring services.
You’ll provide assistance and support to offenders in Approved Premises to reduce their risk of reoffending, recall or breach of the condition of their licence or Court Order. You’ll also ensure that offenders resident at an AP and the fabric of it are kept safe and secure throughout their shift
Our Government Services segment has ambitious growth plans and you can be part of this, if you are a self starter with high potential then you have a successful career pathway ahead of you.
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- Work as part of a team providing 24 hour cover at an Approved Premises (AP) including security and monitoring services. They will provide assistance and support to offenders in Approved Premises to reduce their risk of reoffending, recall or breach of the condition of their licence or Court Order. To ensure that offenders resident at an AP and the fabric of it are kept safe and secure throughout their shi
- Assist in the supervision of residents, maintaining discipline and the adherence to AP rules, licence conditions and court orders. In addition, the post holder will contribute to the management of residents’ risk. This post will involve substantial out of hours work, both waking night duty and weekend work. The post holder may be required to cover duties at other Approved Premises at times of staff absence
- Must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
- Must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
Please see full Job Description for further detail..
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, in English language, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including those who may present difficult or aggressive behaviour.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equality and diversity
- Computer literate
- Customer service focused
- Must Hold Valid SIA Licence
- Understanding of factors related to offending – e.g. substance use, mental health
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment/ risk management relating to offenders
- Knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice system and Probation Service
- Awareness of health and safety issues
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. These roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Sheffield, England