Salary: Monthly Paid – PLUS BONUS
Shift hours: Full Time
About the role
At Sodexo our family of Security workers are second to none and we’re looking for a Residential Assistant to join our dedicated and friendly team.
You’ll be playing a big part in keeping our prestigious building safe and secure, whilst ensuring our paperwork is kept up to scratch.
As our go to person, you’ll ensure all passes are processed correctly and ensure all protocols and procedures are always followed correctly in our working environment.
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
We want you to bring your great attention to detail, your team spirit and brilliant communication skills when you join us.
due to the nature of the role, you must hold a valid SIA Licence and have previous experience within this role.
Sodexo embeds a strong safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises so it is vital that you will champion this.
y are less likely to reoffend, get recalled, or to breach of the conditions of their licence or Court Order.
- You will be responsible for Monitoring CCTV and conducting hourly patrols of the premises, logging and escalating any issues, where required
- You will ensure residents are safe and in-house on time, and that the resident’s welfare is monitored and positively maintained, including carrying out various room/site checks, in line with site procedures
- You will assist in the supervision of residents and help to always maintain a positive, safe environment by roll modelling pro-social behaviours, and adhering to all site and Sodexo health and safety procedures
- You will embody Sodexo’s values of team, service, and customer spirit, as well as demonstrating an inclusive attitude towards all residents and colleagues, in everything you do
- You will ensure strict adherence to all policies, procedures, and site rules in all work-related activities, including the handling of the sensitive/confidential data
- You will ensure the ongoing smooth running of the AP, by providing a comprehensive handover to the dayshift workers
- Will be able to communicate effectively with residents and colleagues alike, and this will include excellent verbal and written communication skills; this will include when communicating with individuals who may present difficult or aggressive behaviour
- You will be comfortable working on your own initiative as well as part of a team, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- You will be comfortable using a computer and, with training, be capable of using the relevant IT systems in place within the AP
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an understanding of factors related to offending – e.g. substance use, mental health; knowledge and understanding of risk assessment/ risk management relating to offenders; and knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice system and Probation Service
- You will operate, at all times, to the highest standards of confidentiality, honesty, and integrity
- Will hold an existing SIA Licence Holder (mandatory requirement)
- Will be over 21 years of age ((mandatory requirement, due to the nature of the environment we operate in)
- Willingness to participate in all required vetting for the role, including an enhanced DBS check (mandatory requirement)
Location: Sycamore Lodge, Clay Lane, Oldbury, England