Vinney Green Secure Children’s Home offers young people a safe, caring environment, where they will experience quality care, education, vocational and life skills training. Your part in the programme will be to help young people develop the values, skills, knowledge, self-control and direction that will enable them to return to the community on a more positive and purposeful way.
What will you be doing?
- You will provide on-going care, supervision and control of young people resident within the Vinney Green Secure Children’s Home within the framework of the regulations, which govern secure accommodation.
- You will oversee all aspects of security and ensure procedures, routines and recording functions are carried out and you will assist in the compliance of Health and Safety regulations, including ensuring the maintenance of fire precautions, fire drills and familiarisation of evacuation procedures.
- You will contribute to the protection of young people from abuse including bullying and intimidation by others and assisting in the identification and assessment of their problems, needs and potential.
- You will establish good, professional relationships with young people who display high risk and often challenging behaviour and to model pro-social behaviour, supporting young people experiencing change in their provision of care, via induction into the Home and preparation for leaving.
- You will organise, plan and oversee individual and group activities, designed to enrich the young people’s experience at the Vinney Green Secure Children’s Home and you will participate in the education of the young people, including the assisting with in-class studies and homework.
- You will need to set and maintain appropriate limits on young people’s behaviour and create opportunities for them to develop more positive behavioural responses, promoting pro-social conduct.