Sales Assistant – Rugby Store – Part time (20 hours) Base salary of £10,836 with the potential to earn up to £15,000 with On Target Earnings. You will be building rapport with our customers and helping them to choose the best products for their needs. If you’re passionate about people & giving great customer service, read on!
The Role – Sales Assistant
(In other businesses, this could be known as a ‘Sales Assistant’, ‘Sales Advisor’, ‘Sales Executive’, ‘Retail Assistant’, ‘Team Member’)
We are currently looking for a Sales Assistant to join our team. You would play a significant role in helping us to achieve our vision, being a key player in moving our business forward, with your natural ability to engage, inspire and offer advice to our customers to ensure they choose the bed that suits them best!
Your role as a Sales Assistant will involve:
- Using your natural ability to build rapport with our customers to advise them on Sleep wellness ™.
- Using our unique sleepPRO™ technology to ensure they choose the right mattress for them, giving them a perfect night’s sleep every night.
- Taking customers through the sales process and completing the required order paperwork and credit agreements (full training provided).
Working closely with your store colleagues to ensure we offer every customer an outstanding in-store experience, we will give you extensive product training, and ongoing coaching and support throughout your time with us, giving you every opportunity to succeed, progress and build your perfect career!
It should be noted that due to the nature of our products, the role will involve you and your colleagues moving product around in store and some cleaning tasks will be necessary to ensure the store and our products are in the best possible condition for our customers.
Our busiest times tend to be when our customers are free to come in and visit the store, which includes evenings, weekends and bank holiday weekends. You would be expected to cover some of these as part of your working week but, we understand the importance of a good work life balance so would not be expected to work all of them.
We are looking for Sales Assistants with pride, passion and a positive ‘can do’ attitude, devoted to delivering impeccable customer service with professionalism, ensuring our customers have an outstanding store experience. Driven to achieve your sales targets. You will enjoy engaging with customers and can adapt your approach as appropriate to build rapport and establish their needs.
Ideally you will have worked in a customer facing role previously and have confident communication skills, being able to spot sales opportunities and be resilient and resourceful when you need to be, daring to try new things to help your store succeed.
In return for your contribution to the store’s performance, we offer a base salary of £10,836 p.a. plus uncapped individual commission paid monthly on top of your salary once your minimum sales target is achieved.
On target earnings c£15,000 based on your target, but there is no upper limit to what you can earn beyond that!
In addition to that we offer you all these extra benefits:
- Monthly store bonus potential when your store achieves its target
- *Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *Medicash – cashback options for Health and Wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other healthcare services and more)
- Unum Income Protection – for peace of mind if you’re off work long term due to illness
- *Pension scheme – provided by Legal & General
- *Discounted Gym membership
- *Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual leave buy & sell scheme – you can top up your holiday entitlement or sell unused days to suit you
- *Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression – access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and ‘Love to Shop’ voucher rewards to spend as you like
(*qualifying periods apply)
About Bensons for Beds
We’re Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission
If you love meeting new people, engaging with a variety of customers, being part of a team, growing your skills and developing new ones then our Sales Consultant role could be for you.
Click now to apply to join us!
There is a brief online application process to complete, to tell us about yourself, answer some questions and confirm your eligibility. We’ll reply to you asap!
Job Type: Permanent – Part Time
Salary: £10,836 with up to £15,000 OTE plus many benefits