If you want to make your mark in a successful and flourishing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and creative Science Teacher to join our close-knit team at Cambian Somerset School.
About the School:
Cambian Somerset School is a mixed independent specialist day school for children aged 11 to 18, catering for children across the Autistic spectrum with associated co-morbid needs. Our dedicated team of staff work together to ensure successful outcomes for students who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students, so they can have a greater understanding of the broader community in which they live.
We are part of the Cambian group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a wide variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring Science Teacher to join this thriving specialist SEMH School. Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who are we looking for?
While ideally, we are looking for a qualified Class Teacher, we will consider applicants who are experienced Instructors who have the ambition and desire. While experience within a SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable, we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream or college setting.
Subject specialism is essential for this post as is the knowledge of current best practice in your chosen subject.
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
· Plan and teach well-structured lessons
· Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs to motivate them
· Manage student anxiety effectively to ensure an enjoyable and safe working environment
· Know and understand how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas you teach, including statutory assessment requirements.
· Experience of teaching at KS2, KS3 or KS4 in a specialist or mainstream setting
· A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all students
· Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
· Qualified in subject specialism
· DBS cleared and satisfactory references
· Ability to work on own initiative
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
· Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
· Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
· Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
· No two days are ever the same
· Free School Meals
This position is due to commence in September or a soon as possible after (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
Taunton, Somerset – Science Teacher [SYS-3845]