Salary: £11.51 – £11.51
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Second Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To deputise for the Head chef in their absence.
- Assist with staff rosters and allocation of work details.
- Assist the Mess Manager in the ordering, control and correct storage of food stuffs.
- Reporting of defects to the Catering Manager.
- To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation within the team at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act.
- Compliance by you and your team to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- Ensure that the team adhere to the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the Catering Manager.
- Ensure and monitor that the team are accurately taking and recording temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries in line with Sodexo’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded).
- Ensure that the kitchen area that you are working in is clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied to, with emphasis on safety and security.
- To continue to develop own skills / knowledge within the position.
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and possess a basic level food safety certificate.
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent.
- Proven track record of employment within the catering industry.
- Experience of working in a military environment.
Location: Tidworth, England